25 - student - NYC That's all for now.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Please, Fox... No

I have been extremely negligent in maintaining this blog, but now that I'm beginning to settle into a new pattern of classes and schoolwork, hopefully I'll be able to carve out a niche where I can start writing again.

At the risk of sounding obsessed with television, I want to write a little bit about another show which I have just discovered - a little too late. My brother introduced me to it by lending me the first two seasons on DVD. It's without a question the smartest show on network TV AND the funniest. How it has no viewership and is on the verge of being cancelled by Fox is a mystery. The only reason I can come up with is that America is too stupid to enjoy it. People would rather watch sensationalist garbage like Jerry Springer or Fear Factor than a witty, nuanced sitcom.

By the way, I'm talking about Arrested Development.

It's best watched on DVD, and unfortunately it seems like that will soon be the only medium on which it is available, because many of the jokes, gags and storylines are ongoing. And also, you aren't going to want to wait for next week before watching the next episode. This show is riveting.

Anyway, enough gushing for now. Watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home